Sadly, not many people achieve goals. We all set goals, we say I’ll do this next year, or I want to achieve that… But are those really goals or they are wishes? There is a huge difference between the two. As long as you are wishing for something it’ll remain a wish and it will rarely come true. If you set your goals properly and work on them, then you’ll become unstoppable.
Here are a few tips on how to achieve goals
- Set clear goals – your goal needs to be specific, measurable, achievable, worthy, and timely. You need to be clear on what exactly you want and how you will measure where you got it or not.
- Write it down – don’t just think about it and plan in your head. You need to write it down, to see it on paper, to feel it, and read it over and over again.
- Set a deadline – this is very important. If you don’t set a deadline you might never achieve it because it’ll get pushed away always, and you’ll end up spending years chasing a goal that you’ll never achieve.
- Visualize – it is not enough to set a goal, write it down and wait… no… no… no… You need to visualize it, you need to see yourself as you are achieving it, you need to be able to feel as you’ve already achieved your goal.
- Take action – there is no way you’ll ever achieve anything if you just sit around. If you want something you need to work for it. Take action every day and everything you want will come true in no time.
- Develop self-discipline – without discipline, we are reactive to the things happening around us and we are not in charge of how our day is going or which actions we are going to take when. With self-discipline, we have full control, we decide and make plans.
Are your achieving goals?